package for factor analysis

Threaded

package for factor analysis

Birgit Kessler
I have Windows XP Professional Version 2002 and the R-Version 2.1.1.
I want to do factor analysis with R.
In Google Search I find the reference to the RScaLAPACK-Package, but my
R-Version 2.1.1. told me that "RScaLAPACK is invalid package, bevor
2.0.0. installed" .
Which package can I take for factor analysis?

Threaded

Re: package for factor analysis

Roger Bivand
On Wed, 14 Dec 2005, Birgit Kessler wrote:

?factanal

(in the stats package, which is part of every base distribution of R)

> I have Windows XP Professional Version 2002 and the R-Version 2.1.1.
> I want to do factor analysis with R.
> In Google Search I find the reference to the RScaLAPACK-Package, but my
> R-Version 2.1.1. told me that "RScaLAPACK is invalid package, bevor
> 2.0.0. installed" .
> Which package can I take for factor analysis?

Roger Bivand
e-mail: [hidden email]

Roger Bivand
Department of Economics