periodicity

R help mailing list-2
I've found references on websites to an R function "periodicity", but there's no such built-in function as far as I can see in R studio.  I can't find reference to it being part of any package either.  Can anyone help with this?

Thanks, Nick Wray

Re: periodicity

Sarah Goslee
Hi Nick,

A quick look on rseek.org didn't turn anything up. It would help to
know what websites you're referring to - they might be loading custom
code.

Sarah

On Wed, Jan 30, 2019 at 2:17 PM Nick Wray via R-help
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've found references on websites to an R function "periodicity", but there's no such built-in function as far as I can see in R studio.  I can't find reference to it being part of any package either.  Can anyone help with this?
>
> Thanks, Nick Wray

Sarah Goslee (she/her)
http://www.numberwright.com

Re: periodicity

R help mailing list-2
Search with https://rseek.org

Bill Dunlap
TIBCO Software
wdunlap tibco.com

On Wed, Jan 30, 2019 at 11:17 AM Nick Wray via R-help <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I've found references on websites to an R function "periodicity", but
> there's no such built-in function as far as I can see in R studio.  I can't
> find reference to it being part of any package either.  Can anyone help
> with this?
>
> Thanks, Nick Wray

Re: periodicity

Bert Gunter-2
Ummm... ???

A google search on "R function periodicity" immediately brought up the xts
package and others.

and RStudio is **NOT** R. It's an IDE for R (and there are others).

sticking things into it."

wrote:

> I've found references on websites to an R function "periodicity", but
> there's no such built-in function as far as I can see in R studio.  I can't
> find reference to it being part of any package either.  Can anyone help
> with this?
>
> Thanks, Nick Wray

Re: periodicity

R help mailing list-2

A quick Google search using "R periodicity" turned up the 'xts' package on CRAN:

  https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/xts/index.html

Regards,

Marc Schwartz

> On Jan 30, 2019, at 2:24 PM, Sarah Goslee <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Nick,
>
> A quick look on rseek.org didn't turn anything up. It would help to
> know what websites you're referring to - they might be loading custom
> code.
>
> Sarah
>
> On Wed, Jan 30, 2019 at 2:17 PM Nick Wray via R-help
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I've found references on websites to an R function "periodicity", but there's no such built-in function as far as I can see in R studio.  I can't find reference to it being part of any package either.  Can anyone help with this?
>>
>> Thanks, Nick Wray

> Sarah Goslee (she/her)
> http://www.numberwright.com

Re: periodicity

Bert Gunter-2
All:

https://rdrr.io/  and Rdocumentation.org

Seems to be good places for finding info on specific R functions.

-- Bert

sticking things into it."

On Wed, Jan 30, 2019 at 11:27 AM Sarah Goslee <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi Nick,
>
> A quick look on rseek.org didn't turn anything up. It would help to
> know what websites you're referring to - they might be loading custom
> code.
>
> Sarah
>
> On Wed, Jan 30, 2019 at 2:17 PM Nick Wray via R-help
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > I've found references on websites to an R function "periodicity", but
> there's no such built-in function as far as I can see in R studio.  I can't
> find reference to it being part of any package either.  Can anyone help
> with this?
> >
> > Thanks, Nick Wray

> Sarah Goslee (she/her)
> http://www.numberwright.com

Re: periodicity

R help mailing list-2
Searching for 'periodicity' on rseek.org gives, several items from the top,

*periodicity* function | *R* Documentation
<https://www.rdocumentation.org/packages/xts/versions/0.11-2/topics/periodicity>
https://www.rdocumentation.org/packages/xts/.../0.11.../*periodicity*
Estimate the *periodicity* of a time-series-like object by calculating the
median time between observations in days.
LabeledFunctionDocumentation

Bill Dunlap
TIBCO Software
wdunlap tibco.com