plot(.xy) and add

nullabee
I am still an avid user of R base plotting and fortunately so are a lot of
the interesting packages I use.

However, to this day, I am still annoyed by the fact that many functions do
not support the "add" parameter.

In many cases, this is caused by xy.plot not supporting it (because the
parameter is typically passed on to it through .)

It also requires lots of code constructs like

for(i in 1:10)

{

                if(i==1)

{

                plot(x,y[i,])

}

else

{

                points(x,y[i,])

Now, I can understand that generally supporting add can have some unexpected
consequences in some cases (e.g. xlim and ylim should be ignored in these
cases), but I cannot imagine these truly to be worse than not supporting it.

Is there (still) a reason why this not supported and/or do people find this
as troublesome as I do?

Nick Sabbe

--

ping: [hidden email]

link:  <http://biomath.ugent.be/> http://biomath.ugent.be

wink: A1.056, Coupure Links 653, 9000 Gent

ring: 09/264.59.36

-- Do Not Disapprove