pls in r

Margarida Soares
Hello,

I am a beginner in R, and I wonder if anyone could help me with a partial least square regression in R. I have looked up the instructions and the manual from Bjorn Mevi and Ron Wehrens. However, I think I managed to write the script correctly, but I dont understand the output on the R environment, and also how to decide on the number of components to use (from the RMSEP), and also how to do a correlation plot.

I welcome any help or advice!
Thanks!

Margarida Soares
PhD Student
MEMEG, Department of Biology
Lund University

Re: pls in r

Martin Møller Skarbiniks Pedersen
Hi,

On 1 December 2017 at 13:17, Margarida Soares <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I am a beginner in R, and I wonder if anyone could help me with a partial
least square regression in R.
> I have looked up the instructions and the manual from Bjorn Mevi and Ron
Wehrens.

So you have read the vignette also ?
https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/pls/vignettes/pls-manual.pdf

> However, I think I managed to write the script correctly,

You are welcome to post your script here then it would easier to help you.

> but I dont understand the output on the R environment, and also how to
decide on the number of components to use (from the RMSEP), and also how to
do a correlation plot.

Maybe this can help you:
https://www.r-bloggers.com/partial-least-squares-regression-in-r/

Regards