positive deviance plot for Binomial distribution

positive deviance plot for Binomial distribution

greg holly
Hi Dear all;

I have binomially distributed data (a small portion is given below) and I
would like to create a distribution plot for positive deviance with
"Probability of results" at Y axis and "percentage of outcome" at the
x-axis. I wondered anyone knows the name of R  library for this.

Regards,

Greg

provider outcome observation
1               14            27
2                11           33
3                9             17

Re: positive deviance plot for Binomial distribution

Jeff Newmiller
I haven't found much call to mess with this, but I think the built-in
"glm" function could do it. You might have to reformulate the inputs to
outcome/observation (ratio) and outcome+observation (weight) to get glm to
accept it [1]... but I am not sure.  What I am somewhat more sure of is
that your description sounds an awful lot like a q-q plot which is one of
the standard outputs when you plot a regression model.

[1]
https://stats.stackexchange.com/questions/322038/input-format-for-binomial-glm-in-r

On Fri, 25 Jan 2019, greg holly wrote:

> Hi Dear all;
>
> I have binomially distributed data (a small portion is given below) and I
> would like to create a distribution plot for positive deviance with
> "Probability of results" at Y axis and "percentage of outcome" at the
> x-axis. I wondered anyone knows the name of R  library for this.
>
> Regards,
>
> Greg
>
> provider outcome observation
> 1               14            27
> 2                11           33
> 3                9             17

Re: positive deviance plot for Binomial distribution

greg holly
Hi Jeff;

Thanks so much for this. I would try to reformulate what you suggested.
Your help is highly appreciated

Regards,
Greg