Quantcast

printing all rows

ANJAN PURKAYASTHA
Hi,
my data table has 38939 rows. R prints  the first 11111 columns and then
prints an error message:[ reached getOption("max.print") -- omitted 27821
rows ]].
is it possible to set the maxprint parameter so that R prints all the rows?

tia,
anjan

--
=============================
anjan purkayastha, phd

purkayas [at] wi [dot] mit [dot] edu
703.740.6939

Re: printing all rows

Adam D. I. Kramer-3
> options("max.print")
$max.print
[1] 99999

> options(max.print=100000)
> options("max.print")
$max.print
[1] 1e+05

...so check what your max.print is, and figure out whether you need to
set it to nrow, ncol, or nrow*ncol of your data frame...then do so...though
of course, this is a global variable, so everything you print from then on
will just keep printing and printing.

Really, though, you might get more utility out of write.table and then using
a word processor to read the data in your table.

--Adam

On Tue, 9 Sep 2008, ANJAN PURKAYASTHA wrote:

> Hi,
> my data table has 38939 rows. R prints  the first 11111 columns and then
> prints an error message:[ reached getOption("max.print") -- omitted 27821
> rows ]].
> is it possible to set the maxprint parameter so that R prints all the rows?
>
> tia,
> anjan
>
> --
> =============================
> anjan purkayastha, phd
> bioinformatics analyst
> whitehead institute for biomedical research
> nine cambridge center
> cambridge, ma 02142
>
> purkayas [at] wi [dot] mit [dot] edu
> 703.740.6939

Re: printing all rows

Greg Snow-2
Are you really going to look at all the rows?

Probably better options for what you want are to look at functions like 'head', 'tail', 'subset', and 'View' that will let you look at specific parts of the data rather than printing out much more information than you are likely to care about, then need to search through it all for the pieces of interest.

Hope this helps,

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.
Statistical Data Center