problem with rJAVA

Sorkin, John
I have installed rJava into my Windows 10 (64-bit) R instillation using the Tools > Install Packages command of my RStudion IDE. When I issued the R command in my R code

library(rJava)  I received the following error:

 library(rJava)
Error: package or namespace load failed for �rJava� in get(Info[i, 1], envir = env):
 lazy-load database 'C:/Users/John Sorkin/Documents/R/win-library/3.4/rJava/R/rJava.rdb' is corrupt
In addition: Warning message:
In get(Info[i, 1], envir = env) : internal error -3 in R_decompress1

I hope someone can tell me what I need to do to get RJava work in my version of R. I tried to re-install RJava and the problem persisted.

Thank you

John

John David Sorkin M.D., Ph.D.
Professor of Medicine
Chief, Biostatistics and Informatics
University of Maryland School of Medicine Division of Gerontology and Geriatric Medicine
Baltimore VA Medical Center
10 North Greene Street
GRECC (BT/18/GR)
Baltimore, MD 21201-1524
(Phone) 410-605-7119

Re: problem with rJAVA

Jeff Newmiller
Are you familiar with the sessionInfo function?