Quantcast

proportion

Josh R.
Hi ,
 SO i have been on a role of asking simple questions lately.  So much for feeling like im getting this R business.

I wrote a script 2 weeks ago that utilized "proportion" to turn values in a table (from "table") into proportions to then graph.  I now get an error that proportion is not a function so im confused.  I ran the script a few times and im thinking maybe i had another library loaded from a previous process and that it wasnt listed in my script and now isnt being loaded.  So question is what library do i need to load or what other updates or changes have been made that now R cant find proportion?

Probably useless with other code/data:
 textplot(paste(names(TrkSUV.Ag[[zp]]),proportion(TrkSUV.Ag[[zp]])), halign="center", valign="center",cex=1)

Re: proportion

Phil Spector
Maybe prop.table ?

  - Phil Spector
  Statistical Computing Facility
  Department of Statistics
  UC Berkeley
  [hidden email]

On Mon, 13 Sep 2010, LCOG1 wrote:

> Hi ,
> SO i have been on a role of asking simple questions lately.  So much for
> feeling like im getting this R business.
>
> I wrote a script 2 weeks ago that utilized "proportion" to turn values in a
> table (from "table") into proportions to then graph.  I now get an error
> that proportion is not a function so im confused.  I ran the script a few
> times and im thinking maybe i had another library loaded from a previous
> process and that it wasnt listed in my script and now isnt being loaded.  So
> question is what library do i need to load or what other updates or changes
> have been made that now R cant find proportion?
>
> Probably useless with other code/data:
> textplot(paste(names(TrkSUV.Ag[[zp]]),proportion(TrkSUV.Ag[[zp]])),
> halign="center", valign="center",cex=1)

Re: proportion

Josh R.
Sure I tried that and it works but I was formerly using just 'proportion ' so I find it strange that this has occurred.

> SO i have been on a role of asking simple questions lately.  So much
> for feeling like im getting this R business.
>
> I wrote a script 2 weeks ago that utilized "proportion" to turn values
> in a table (from "table") into proportions to then graph.  I now get
> an error that proportion is not a function so im confused.  I ran the
> script a few times and im thinking maybe i had another library loaded
> from a previous process and that it wasnt listed in my script and now
> isnt being loaded.  So question is what library do i need to load or
> what other updates or changes have been made that now R cant find proportion?
>
> Probably useless with other code/data:
> textplot(paste(names(TrkSUV.Ag[[zp]]),proportion(TrkSUV.Ag[[zp]])),
> halign="center", valign="center",cex=1)

Re: proportion

Greg Snow-2
Learn to use functions like help.search, RSiteSearch, or the sos package, these tools will help you answer your own questions like this.

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.
Statistical Data Center