pulling recessions out of a hydrograph

Janet Choate-2
Dear R community,

I'm hoping someone out there has perhaps done this and can share their code
and/or expertise with me.

I need to pull recession periods out of a hydrograph - can anyone help me
with this?
I want to create a subset from streamflow data that consists of just the
recession curves - the decreasing runoff after the passage of a peak flow.

would really appreciate any help on this!
Janet
--
Tague Team Lab Manager
1005 Bren Hall

Re: pulling recessions out of a hydrograph

ssefick
I have done this. I would use zoo for the time series part, and I think I
wrote a function using the min max after a period to locate the peak, go to
the peak, and calculate the slope 4 hours afterward. If I can locate the
code I don't mind sharing, but it is buried on my PhD machine.