quantile fixed effects with weights

alessia matano
Dear all,

I 'm implementing the koenker procedure for quantile fixed effects. I
would like also to apply weights to the procedure, so that to give
more weight to the observation that better represent my original
sample (much larger than it is possible to use in R). Do you know if
it is possible? How could I solve this problem?
Thank you
alessia

Re: quantile fixed effects with weights

RKoenker

On Jun 18, 2009, at 5:01 AM, alessia matano wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I 'm implementing the koenker procedure for quantile fixed effects.

Who he?  Wuz 'dat?

> I would like also to apply weights to the procedure, so that to give
> more weight to the observation that better represent my original
> sample (much larger than it is possible to use in R).

This contradicts the principle of the much beloved fortune("This is R")

> Do you know if it is possible?

This contradicts the previous assertion.

> How could I solve this problem?

For positive weights, you can multiply y and X by them, but don't
neglect the intercept, it deserves weight two [sic].  For negative
weights
you are asking for trouble.