questions on subscores.

"Hyunju Kim"

Hello,

I want to compute  Wainer et al's augmented subscore(2001) using IRT but I can't find any packages or relevant code.

There is a 'subscore' package in R, but I think it only gives functions to calculate augmented subscores using CTT(classical test theory).

Is there other package or code to compute subscores using IRT? If it is not, is there any plan to develop it in short period?

Best regards,

Hyunju Kim

Re: questions on subscores.

Ulrik Stervbo-2
I have no idea, but Google pointed me to this
https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/subscore/index.html

Hth
Ulrik

"Hyunju Kim" <[hidden email]> schrieb am Di., 15. Mai 2018, 07:21:

> Hello,
>

> I want to compute  Wainer et al's augmented subscore(2001) using IRT but I
> can't find any packages or relevant code.
>
> There is a 'subscore' package in R, but I think it only gives functions to
> calculate augmented subscores using CTT(classical test theory).
>
> Is there other package or code to compute subscores using IRT? If it is
> not, is there any plan to develop it in short period?
>

> Best regards,
>
> Hyunju Kim

Re: questions on subscores.

Peter Dalgaard-2

> On 15 May 2018, at 07:54 , Ulrik Stervbo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I have no idea, but Google pointed me to this
> https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/subscore/index.html

She seems to be aware of that package, but I don't see how she infers that it does not do what she want. For that, you need to know the theory better than I do, but there is both a subscore.Wainer() function with a direct reference to the 2001 paper and a CTTsub(...., method="Wainer").

The package description has

"This package enables three sets of subscoring methods within the framework of CTT and IRT: Wainer's augmentation method, Haberman's three subscoring methods, and Yen's objective performance index (OPI).",

which sort of doesn't exclude the possibility that soem methods are CTT and others IRT, but why would you then have two routes to Wainer subscores?

IRT theory is a rather specialized subject, so there are not many experts around. It might be one of those cases where you need to spend some effort studying both the theory and the code to see how they two match up.

-pd

> Hth
> Ulrik
>
> "Hyunju Kim" <[hidden email]> schrieb am Di., 15. Mai 2018, 07:21:
>

>> Hello,
>>

>> I want to compute  Wainer et al's augmented subscore(2001) using IRT but I
>> can't find any packages or relevant code.
>>
>> There is a 'subscore' package in R, but I think it only gives functions to
>> calculate augmented subscores using CTT(classical test theory).
>>
>> Is there other package or code to compute subscores using IRT? If it is
>> not, is there any plan to develop it in short period?
>>

>> Best regards,
>>
>> Hyunju Kim

Peter Dalgaard, Professor,
Phone: (+45)38153501