rJava woes on Linux Mint 18.3 Sylvia

J C Nash
Is anyone else having trouble with installing rJava on Linux Mint under R 3.5?

I managed to work around troubles in Bunsenlabs Deuterium (Debian Jessie), but
it uses older libraries (openjdk-7).

Please contact off-list and I will post information when solution understood,
as, looking on the net, there seem to be a lot of people with suggestions
that don't work, or work only in some environments.

JN

Re: rJava woes on Linux Mint 18.3 Sylvia

J C Nash
Answering my own post. On the particular machine in question, I managed to install rJava after installing
(in the OS) libbz2-dev and liblzma-dev. There was a hint of this in the install output,
but not as clear as would help a novice.

JN