re attach into the killed R session

Ragia

Dear group
I had a tmux session, on it an R script is running before the program should ends

on the screen written "killed" and the script terminated and returned bake to bash (in the same tmux window)

Q: how can I re attach into the killed R session and check it? can I recover what was the script doing for more than a month now ?
any ideas?
THANS

Ragia A. Ibrahim

Re: re attach into the killed R session

Jeff Newmiller
Not a question about R (it is about process management in what I am guessing is some kind of unix-alike OS).

I suspect that unless you wrote log files or intermediate data to disk as you went, it is very likely that you are out of luck. Since you are posting here instead of reviewing those files...

On December 18, 2016 11:22:15 AM PST, "Ragia ." <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Dear group
>I had a tmux session, on it an R script is running before the program
>should ends
>
>on the screen written "killed" and the script terminated and returned
>bake to bash (in the same tmux window)
>
>Q: how can I re attach into the killed R session and check it? can I
>recover what was the script doing for more than a month now ?
>any ideas?
>THANS
>

>Ragia A. Ibrahim

Re: re attach into the killed R session

jholtman
I would hope that if you have an R script that is running for a month that
you have built in periodic checkpoints so that you can recover what is
happening.  In cases where I want to be able to restart an R script at some
point downstream, I will "save.image", or just the objects that are
important, and then I can reload at that point and carry forward.  Also you
will have the objects that you need to examine if you have too.  If I had
something running that long, I would at least take a checkpoint every hour
to help in the debugging/recovery process.

Jim Holtman
Data Munger Guru