read list of binary files and explore them

read list of binary files and explore them

Ragia

Dear group,

I have  list of  4-byte float type files, the files are named f00, f01, f02 till f99....

kindly how can I read and explore them in R, merge the readings in a table or data frame

thanks in advance,

Ragia A. Ibrahim

Re: read list of binary files and explore them

Bert Gunter-2
 ?readBin  (a search on "read binary files R" or similar would have found this).

and please spend some time with the R import/export manual + tutorials
to learn how to manipulate data in R. This list expects you to make an
effort to do your own work before posting. See the posting guide below
for details.

Cheers,
Bert

and sticking things into it."

On Fri, Apr 28, 2017 at 9:13 PM, Ragia . <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear group,
>
> I have  list of  4-byte float type files, the files are named f00, f01, f02 till f99....
>

> kindly how can I read and explore them in R, merge the readings in a table or data frame
>
> thanks in advance,
>

> Ragia A. Ibrahim

Re: read list of binary files and explore them

Bert Gunter-2
1. Unless your comment is OT or personal, always reply to the list.

2. What does your OS say about file size?

3. Beyond this, I cannot help.

-- Bert

sticking things into it."

On Sat, Apr 29, 2017 at 6:38 AM, Ragia . <[hidden email]> wrote:

> lots  of thanks for answering, I guess I asked the question in wont way...
>
> I did that, but some times I got one single reading( number) from the
> file..other times two numbers, is there a way to be sure that I am reading
> it correctly? what I know is not more than its float content .
>

> Ribrahim
>

> ------------------------------

 files size is 7682 kb

sorry for multiple emails

Ragia

________________________________
1. Unless your comment is OT or personal, always reply to the list.

2. What does your OS say about file size?

3. Beyond this, I cannot help.

-- Bert

Bert Gunter

"The trouble with having an open mind is that people keep coming along and sticking things into it."

On Fri, Apr 28, 2017 at 9:13 PM, Ragia . <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:

> Dear group,
>
> I have  list of  4-byte float type files, the files are named f00, f01, f02 till f99....
>

> kindly how can I read and explore them in R, merge the readings in a table or data frame
>
> thanks in advance,
>

> Ragia A. Ibrahim

Re: read list of binary files and explore them

Boris Steipe
Given that, you can be certain that your file contains more than one or two numbers, thus your way of reading it must be wrong.

B.