readLines without skipNul=TRUE causes crash

readLines without skipNul=TRUE causes crash – hello, the last line of the code below causes a segfault for me on 3.4.1. i think i should submit to https://bugs.r-project.org/ unless others h...
On 15/07/2017 7:35 AM, Anthony Damico wrote: > hello, the last line of the code below causes a segfault for me on 3.4.1. > i think i shoul...
hi, thanks Dr. Murdoch i'd appreciate if anyone on r-help could help me narrow this down? i believe the segfault occurs because there's a s...
hi, i realized that the segfault happens on the text file in a new R session. so, creating the segfault-generating text file requires a contrib...
On 15/07/2017 11:33 AM, Anthony Damico wrote: > hi, i realized that the segfault happens on the text file in a new R > session. so, creat...
thank you for taking the time to write this. i set it running last night and it's still going -- if it doesn't finish by tomorrow, i will try to...
On 16/07/2017 6:17 AM, Anthony Damico wrote: > thank you for taking the time to write this. i set it running last > night and it's still ...
hi, the text file that prompts the segfault is 4gb but only 80,937 lines > file.info( "S:/temp/crash.txt") ...
I am not able to reproduce this on a Linux platform: #######################3 fn1 <- "/home/jdnewmil/Downloads/Microdados ENEM 2009/Da...
I am not able to reproduce your segfault on a Windows 7 platform either: ########################## fn1 <- "d:/DADOS_ENEM_2009.txt&quo...
I see the problem on Windows 10, R-3.4.0, R.exe. It is not compiled for debugging but gdb gives some information when I attach the debugger afte...
The original file had a lot of trailing null bytes so I tried making a similar file with: tf <- tempfile(); file <- file(tf, "wb&qu...
awesome, thank you! looks like folks on bugzilla have also reproduced and submitted a patch, so i am happy. thanks all On Mon, Jul 17, 2017 at...
hi, thank you for attempting this. it looks like your unix machine unzipped the txt file without corruption -- if you copied over the same txt fi...
So you are saying there are two problems... one that produces a corrupt file from a valid compressed file, and one that segfaults when presented w...
hi, yep, there are two problems -- but i think only the segfault is within the scope of a base R issue? i need to look closer at the corrupted ...
I am stuck. The archive package won't compile for me on Ubuntu, and the CRANextra repo seems to be down so I cannot install packages on Windows ri...
hi, thanks again for taking the time. since corrupted compression prompted the segfault for me in the first place, i've just posted the text fil...
I'll pass. Just because some non-CRAN "archive" package has bugs or your disk storage is flaky does not mean that any of dozens or hundr...
sorry, typo, 80937 not 809367 On Sun, Jul 16, 2017 at 6:21 AM, Anthony Damico <ajdamico@...> wrote: > hi, thank you for attempting ...