rmgarch::Alexios Ghalanos

prof.amit.mittal
Does anyone have the workaround for or a working copy of rmgarch with the
plot function working after updating the R packages to 3.5.1?

I am using pairwise cmd as suggested workaround to get some output

plot(rmdcc.fit, which=1, series=c(2,6))

Error in mtext(paste("rmgarch  : DCC model fit"), side = 4, adj = 0,
padj = 0,  :

  plot.new has not been called yet

My final goal is to get multiple plots on the same graph so I can point to
common regimes before and after the crises

My data set uses n indices from 37 indices (n>10) I have been unable to use
score models in multivariate specification because I do not have the
required package name

The rmgarch functions respond fast on both dccfit and cgarchfit but the
plot fn it seems to longer works , as seen on various R forums

I get a plot.new() not called error which seems to be however a syntax
problem

I am using

`plot(dccfitobj.2019)` as suggested by zivot (EE502 presentation on uwash)

And am also ready to try if plot or ggplot2 can work with the @mfit/@model
names/coefs/R/Q

plot(rmdcc.fit.t)

Make a plot selection (or 0 to exit):

1:   Conditional Mean (vs Realized Returns)

2:   Conditional Sigma (vs Realized Absolute Returns)

3:   Conditional Covariance

4:   Conditional Correlation

5:   EW Portfolio Plot with conditional density VaR limits

Selection: 3

Error in mtext(paste("rmgarch  : DCC model fit"), side = 4, adj = 0,
padj = 0,  :

  plot.new has not been called yet

> ################################################################################

______________________________
Amit Mittal
Ph.D. in Finance and Accounting (tbd)
Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow
http://ssrn.com/author=2665511
Mob: +91 7899381263

Re: rmgarch::Alexios Ghalanos

alexios
The plotting functionality has been fixed in version 1.3-5 which is available in the package’s bitbucket development repo (https://bitbucket.org/alexiosg/rmgarch/src/master/).

Additionally, an extra argument (‘output') has been added to rcor and rcov which returns the pairwise values in matrix (or xts if a date is available) format (set output=“matrix” rather than default “array”).

To use ggplot you probably want to convert the output to a long data.frame. The tsbox package has useful automatic converters to help you do this.

Alexios

> On Aug 22, 2018, at 9:24 AM, Amit Mittal <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Does anyone have the workaround for or a working copy of rmgarch with the
> plot function working after updating the R packages to 3.5.1?
>

> I am using pairwise cmd as suggested workaround to get some output
>

> plot(rmdcc.fit, which=1, series=c(2,6))
>
> Error in mtext(paste("rmgarch  : DCC model fit"), side = 4, adj = 0,
> padj = 0,  :
>
>  plot.new has not been called yet
>

> My final goal is to get multiple plots on the same graph so I can point to
> common regimes before and after the crises
>

> My data set uses n indices from 37 indices (n>10) I have been unable to use
> score models in multivariate specification because I do not have the
> required package name
>

> The rmgarch functions respond fast on both dccfit and cgarchfit but the
> plot fn it seems to longer works , as seen on various R forums
>

> I get a plot.new() not called error which seems to be however a syntax
> problem
>

> I am using
>
> `plot(dccfitobj.2019)` as suggested by zivot (EE502 presentation on uwash)
>

> And am also ready to try if plot or ggplot2 can work with the @mfit/@model
> names/coefs/R/Q
>

> plot(rmdcc.fit.t)
>

> Make a plot selection (or 0 to exit):
>

> 1:   Conditional Mean (vs Realized Returns)
>
> 2:   Conditional Sigma (vs Realized Absolute Returns)
>
> 3:   Conditional Covariance
>
> 4:   Conditional Correlation
>
> 5:   EW Portfolio Plot with conditional density VaR limits
>

> Selection: 3
>
> Error in mtext(paste("rmgarch  : DCC model fit"), side = 4, adj = 0,
> padj = 0,  :
>
>  plot.new has not been called yet
>
>> ################################################################################
>

> ______________________________
> Amit Mittal
> Ph.D. in Finance and Accounting (tbd)
> Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow
> http://ssrn.com/author=2665511
> Mob: +91 7899381263

rmgarch::Alexios Ghalanos

prof.amit.mittal
install errors:
non zero exit status in i.p.(...). Please make sure RTOOLS is in path
>>RTOOLS is not available in 3.5.1

I assume errors are not fatal.

BR

Amit

Listusers,

Early answers help everyone.  Please acknowledge when you receive a useful
reply.

Don't spam the lists with unnecessary questions

On Mon, Aug 27, 2018 at 6:48 AM alexios galanos <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The plotting functionality has been fixed in version 1.3-5 which is
> available in the package’s bitbucket development repo (
> https://bitbucket.org/alexiosg/rmgarch/src/master/).
>
> Additionally, an extra argument (‘output') has been added to rcor and rcov
> which returns the pairwise values in matrix (or xts if a date is available)
> format (set output=“matrix” rather than default “array”).
>
> To use ggplot you probably want to convert the output to a long
> data.frame. The tsbox package has useful automatic converters to help you
> do this.
>

> Alexios
>

> > On Aug 22, 2018, at 9:24 AM, Amit Mittal <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Does anyone have the workaround for or a working copy of rmgarch with the
> > plot function working after updating the R packages to 3.5.1?
> >

> > I am using pairwise cmd as suggested workaround to get some output
> >

> > plot(rmdcc.fit, which=1, series=c(2,6))
> >
> > Error in mtext(paste("rmgarch  : DCC model fit"), side = 4, adj = 0,
> > padj = 0,  :
> >
> >  plot.new has not been called yet
> >

> > My final goal is to get multiple plots on the same graph so I can point
> > common regimes before and after the crises
> >

> > My data set uses n indices from 37 indices (n>10) I have been unable to
> use
> > score models in multivariate specification because I do not have the
> > required package name
> >

> > The rmgarch functions respond fast on both dccfit and cgarchfit but the
> > plot fn it seems to longer works , as seen on various R forums
> >

> > I get a plot.new() not called error which seems to be however a syntax
> > problem
> >

> > I am using
> >
> > `plot(dccfitobj.2019)` as suggested by zivot (EE502 presentation on
> uwash)
> >

> > And am also ready to try if plot or ggplot2 can work with the
> @mfit/@model
> > names/coefs/R/Q
> >

> > plot(rmdcc.fit.t)
> >

> > Make a plot selection (or 0 to exit):
> >

> > 1:   Conditional Mean (vs Realized Returns)
> >
> > 2:   Conditional Sigma (vs Realized Absolute Returns)
> >
> > 3:   Conditional Covariance
> >
> > 4:   Conditional Correlation
> >
> > 5:   EW Portfolio Plot with conditional density VaR limits
> >

> > Selection: 3
> >
> > Error in mtext(paste("rmgarch  : DCC model fit"), side = 4, adj = 0,
> > padj = 0,  :
> >
> >  plot.new has not been called yet
> >

> ################################################################################
> >

> > ______________________________
> > Amit Mittal
> > Ph.D. in Finance and Accounting (tbd)
> > Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow
> > http://ssrn.com/author=2665511
> > Mob: +91 7899381263 <+91%2078993%2081263>

> > -- Also note that this is not the r-help list where general R questions
> should go.
> >

> --

Amit Mittal
Pursuing Ph.D. in Finance and Accounting
Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow
Visit my SSRN author page:
http://ssrn.com/author=2665511
* Top 10% Downloaded Author on SSRN
Mob: +91 7525023664

This message has been sent from a mobile device. I may contact you again.