roxygen2 error - x$tag operator is invalid for atomic vectors

roxygen2 error - x$tag operator is invalid for atomic vectors

Martin Møller Skarbiniks Pedersen
Hi,

  I am trying to create my first R package.
  I will later today put the files on Github.

  However I gets this error and I can't find any reason for it:

R> roxygen2::roxygenise()
First time using roxygen2. Upgrading automatically...
Error in x$tag : $ operator is invalid for atomic vectors

  Any ideas?

Regards
Martin M. S. Pedersen

Re: roxygen2 error - x$tag operator is invalid for atomic vectors

Eric Berger
This is an error message from R.
For example, if you give the following R commands
>  a <- 5
> a$foo
This will generate the error message:
Error in a$foo : $ operator is invalid for atomic vectors

So you can search for the string 'x$tag' in your code (or possibly in the
package).

HTH,
Eric

On Wed, Jan 17, 2018 at 3:16 PM, Martin Møller Skarbiniks Pedersen <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>   I am trying to create my first R package.
>   I will later today put the files on Github.
>
>   However I gets this error and I can't find any reason for it:
>
> R> roxygen2::roxygenise()
> First time using roxygen2. Upgrading automatically...
> Error in x$tag : $ operator is invalid for atomic vectors
> R>
>
>   Any ideas?
>
> Regards
> Martin M. S. Pedersen

> posting-guide.html

Re: roxygen2 error - x$tag operator is invalid for atomic vectors

Ben Tupper-2

It's not really a roxygen thing but a subsetting thing.

> x = c(foo = 7, tag = 8)
> x$tag
Error in x$tag : $ operator is invalid for atomic vectors

For simple vectors you want ...

> x['tag']
tag
  8

... or ...

> x[['tag']]
[1] 8

See more at

> ?`$`

Cheers,
Ben

> On Jan 17, 2018, at 8:16 AM, Martin Møller Skarbiniks Pedersen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>  I am trying to create my first R package.
>  I will later today put the files on Github.
>
>  However I gets this error and I can't find any reason for it:
>
> R> roxygen2::roxygenise()
> First time using roxygen2. Upgrading automatically...
> Error in x$tag : $ operator is invalid for atomic vectors
> R>
>
>  Any ideas?
>
> Regards
> Martin M. S. Pedersen

Ben Tupper
Bigelow Laboratory for Ocean Sciences
60 Bigelow Drive, P.O. Box 380
East Boothbay, Maine 04544
http://www.bigelow.org

Ecocast Reports: http://seascapemodeling.org/ecocast.html
Tick Reports: https://report.bigelow.org/tick/
Jellyfish Reports: https://jellyfish.bigelow.org/jellyfish/

On 17 January 2018 at 14:30, Eric Berger <[hidden email]> wrote:

> This is an error message from R.
> For example, if you give the following R commands
> >  a <- 5
> > a$foo
> This will generate the error message:
> Error in a$foo : $ operator is invalid for atomic vectors
>
> So you can search for the string 'x$tag' in your code (or possibly in the
> package).

OK thanks.

Something else must be wrong because my package should only contain a
data.frame saved in .RData file

Regards
Martin

Re: roxygen2 error - x$tag operator is invalid for atomic vectors

Duncan Murdoch-2
On 17/01/2018 8:37 AM, Martin Møller Skarbiniks Pedersen wrote:

> On 17 January 2018 at 14:30, Eric Berger <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> This is an error message from R.
>> For example, if you give the following R commands
>>>   a <- 5
>>> a$foo
>> This will generate the error message:
>> Error in a$foo : $ operator is invalid for atomic vectors
>>
>> So you can search for the string 'x$tag' in your code (or possibly in the
>> package).
>>

> OK thanks.
>
> Something else must be wrong because my package should only contain a
> data.frame saved in .RData file

Immediately after the error, run traceback() to see where that code is
being found.  The output might not mean much to you, but perhaps others
here will spot the issue.

If that doesn't make the problem obvious, then post a link to your
Github source and someone else will be able to try it.