Quantcast

run latent class analysis with R

Wen Gu

What's the best approach to running latent class analysis with R? I've downloaded both randomLCA and poLCA packages, but I am interesting in running a standard LCA with individual records (not frequency table) as input data.

Wen Gu

John Jay College of Criminal Justice445 West 59 StreetNew York, NY 10029

Re: run latent class analysis with R

Tobias Verbeke-4
Hi,

The flexmix package should provide what you need:

http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/flexmix/index.html

The package has an extensive vignette.

HTH,
Tobias

Wen Gu wrote:

> What's the best approach to running latent class analysis with R? I've downloaded both randomLCA and poLCA packages, but I am interesting in running a standard LCA with individual records (not frequency table) as input data.
>
> Wen Gu
>
> John Jay College of Criminal Justice445 West 59 StreetNew York, NY 10029

Re: run latent class analysis with R

Drew Linzer
poLCA is designed to work this way.  There's a complete user's guide and manual on the project website at

http://userwww.service.emory.edu/~dlinzer/poLCA/

Thanks,
Drew

==