save an object of class "im"

ppaarrkk
I have created various "im" objects, but can't seem to save and load them. I can save them, but as small files of less than 1Kb. Therefore, when they are re-loaded, they cannot be plotted as images.

Any ideas please.

Thankyou.

Simon Parker
Imperial College

Re: save an object of class "im"

Sarah Goslee
How about an example of what you did? It's difficult to provide suggestions
without a workable example of the commands you used.

Sarah

--
Sarah Goslee
http://www.functionaldiversity.org

Re: save an object of class "im"

ppaarrkk
Thanks for reply. I have worked out what it was. It was the fact that I was creating the files within functions, doing assign() within the function and then returning the result. I have changed it so that the image file is assigned globally within the function and now it can be saved and loaded properly. Before, I could plot it successfully after it was returned from the function, but I couldn't properly save and load it. I don't quite know why this should be the case.

Sarah Goslee wrote