savehistory()

Nancy S
Hi,

I just  start to learn R, but I have problem to use "savehistory()"

When I run, it pops out "Error in .External2(C_savehistory, file) :
  'savehistory' is not currently implemented". I searched a little bit
online, but I still cannot figure out how to fix that.

thanks,
Suy

Re: savehistory()

Sarah Goslee
Hi Suy,

It is very important to specify what OS and version of R you're using.

But I'm going to make a wild guess that you're using Mac, and that you
didn't read the documentation for savehistory() carefully.

"R.app, the console on macOS, has a separate and largely incompatible
history mechanism, which by default uses a file .Rapp.history and saves up
to 250 entries. These functions are not currently implemented there."

https://www.rdocumentation.org/packages/utils/versions/3.5.1/topics/savehistory
or
?savehistory

If my wild guess is wrong, then you'll need, at a minimum, to provide the
output of
sessionInfo()
for anyone to be able to help you.

Sarah

--
Sarah Goslee
http://www.functionaldiversity.org <http://www.functionaldiversity.org>

Re: savehistory()

Nancy S
Hi Sarah,

Thank you for pointing out this. I am using Mac.

Suy