script to create rpm spec files from CRAN packages

script to create rpm spec files from CRAN packages

José Matos-2
Hi,
   I hope this is the right list to do this announcement.

  In order to facilitate my work submiting R packages to Fedora Extras
I have create a python script that takes a CRAN package (tar.gz file)
and from there it prints a first draft for a spec file.

  This script follows the Fedora conventions for rpms but I hope that
with small changes this can be helpfull for other people.

        The script (released under GPL2) can be found here:
http://www.fc.up.pt/pessoas/jamatos/R/cran2rpmspec

        All comments are welcome. :-)
--
José Matos