sending methods to a new package

Erin Hodgess
Dear R People:

When creating a package, how do you include new methods and classes,
please?

I'm using the pacakge.skeleton command as a starting point.

Thanks,
Sincerely,
Erin Hodgess
Associate Professor
Department of Computer and Mathematical Sciences
University of Houston - Downtown
mailto: [hidden email]

Re: sending methods to a new package

Gabor Grothendieck
See

  https://www.stat.math.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-help/2006-January/083783.html

where I mentioned both S3 and S4 examples you can use
as examples.  The source to these packages is available on
CRAN.

On 1/7/06, Erin Hodgess <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear R People:
>
> When creating a package, how do you include new methods and classes,
> please?
>
> I'm using the pacakge.skeleton command as a starting point.
>
> Thanks,
> Sincerely,
> Erin Hodgess
> Associate Professor
> Department of Computer and Mathematical Sciences
> University of Houston - Downtown
> mailto: [hidden email]

Re: sending methods to a new package

Dirk Eddelbuettel

Erin,

On 7 January 2006 at 18:36, Erin Hodgess wrote:
| When creating a package, how do you include new methods and classes,
| please?

As you are undoubtedly aware, there are over 600 packages on CRAN. All of
these have source code that you can study. If you find one too obscure, drop
it and pick another. There _really_ is a lot to choose from. Some have S4
classes, some have S3 classes. You didn't even ask which one you're after.

Moreover, essentially the same question came up with the last week. You could
for example compare its (S4) with zoo (S3).

Lastly, by what we could call the 'Liaw-Baron principle', every question that
can be asked has in fact alreadey been asked -- RSiteSearch() really is your
friend. E.g.
        > RSiteSearch("S3 class examples")
        > RSiteSearch("S4 class examples")
yield, respectively, 1752 and 245 hits.