Quantcast

sessionInfo() error

Michael Friendly
[Using R 2.7.2 on Windows XP]
After re-building our heplots package, I've begun to get the following
error from sessionInfo(),
even though it passes R CMD check and builds without errors:

 > sessionInfo()
Error in x$Priority : $ operator is invalid for atomic vectors
In addition: Warning message:
In FUN(c("MASS", "heplots", "car", "rgl", "stats", "graphics",
"grDevices",  :
  DESCRIPTION file of package 'heplots' is missing or broken

The DESCRIPTION file is as follows:

Package: heplots
Type: Package
Title: Visualizing Tests in Multivariate Linear Models
Version: 0.8-3
Date: 2008-10-28
Author: John Fox, Michael Friendly, and Georges Monette
Maintainer: John Fox <[hidden email]>
Depends: car, graphics, stats
Suggests: rgl, candisc
LazyLoad: yes
LazyData: yes
hypotheses and for error using ellipses (in two dimensions) and
ellipsoids (in three dimensions).
License: GPL version 2 or newer
Packaged: Wed Jan 31 09:23:10 2007; John Fox

What is wrong here?

-Michael

--
Michael Friendly     Email: friendly AT yorku DOT ca
Professor, Psychology Dept.

Re: sessionInfo() error

Yihui Xie
I think there must be something wrong with the result of
packageDescription('heplots'). It should be a list, but in your case,
it is a vector (probably NA, I guess).

Regards,
Yihui
--
Yihui Xie <[hidden email]>
Phone: +86-(0)10-82509086 Fax: +86-(0)10-82509086

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 9:04 PM, Michael Friendly <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [Using R 2.7.2 on Windows XP]
> After re-building our heplots package, I've begun to get the following error
> from sessionInfo(),
> even though it passes R CMD check and builds without errors:
>
>> sessionInfo()
> Error in x$Priority : $ operator is invalid for atomic vectors
> In addition: Warning message:
> In FUN(c("MASS", "heplots", "car", "rgl", "stats", "graphics", "grDevices",
>  :
>  DESCRIPTION file of package 'heplots' is missing or broken
>
> The DESCRIPTION file is as follows:
>
> Package: heplots
> Type: Package
> Title: Visualizing Tests in Multivariate Linear Models
> Version: 0.8-3
> Date: 2008-10-28
> Author: John Fox, Michael Friendly, and Georges Monette
> Maintainer: John Fox <[hidden email]>
> Depends: car, graphics, stats
> Suggests: rgl, candisc
> LazyLoad: yes
> LazyData: yes
> hypotheses and for error using ellipses (in two dimensions) and ellipsoids
> (in three dimensions).
> License: GPL version 2 or newer
> Packaged: Wed Jan 31 09:23:10 2007; John Fox
>
> What is wrong here?
>
> -Michael
>
> --
> Michael Friendly     Email: friendly AT yorku DOT ca Professor, Psychology
> Dept.
> York University      Voice: 416 736-5115 x66249 Fax: 416 736-5814
> 4700 Keele Street    http://www.math.yorku.ca/SCS/friendly.html
> Toronto, ONT  M3J 1P3 CANADA

Re: sessionInfo() error

Felix Andrews
Does the "Description:" entry need to be hard-wrapped with follow-on
lines indented 2 spaces?

2008/10/30 Michael Friendly <[hidden email]>:

> [Using R 2.7.2 on Windows XP]
> After re-building our heplots package, I've begun to get the following error
> from sessionInfo(),
> even though it passes R CMD check and builds without errors:
>
>> sessionInfo()
> Error in x$Priority : $ operator is invalid for atomic vectors
> In addition: Warning message:
> In FUN(c("MASS", "heplots", "car", "rgl", "stats", "graphics", "grDevices",
>  :
>  DESCRIPTION file of package 'heplots' is missing or broken
>
> The DESCRIPTION file is as follows:
>
> Package: heplots
> Type: Package
> Title: Visualizing Tests in Multivariate Linear Models
> Version: 0.8-3
> Date: 2008-10-28
> Author: John Fox, Michael Friendly, and Georges Monette
> Maintainer: John Fox <[hidden email]>
> Depends: car, graphics, stats
> Suggests: rgl, candisc
> LazyLoad: yes
> LazyData: yes
> hypotheses and for error using ellipses (in two dimensions) and ellipsoids
> (in three dimensions).
> License: GPL version 2 or newer
> Packaged: Wed Jan 31 09:23:10 2007; John Fox
>
> What is wrong here?
>
> -Michael
>
> --
> Michael Friendly     Email: friendly AT yorku DOT ca Professor, Psychology
> Dept.
> York University      Voice: 416 736-5115 x66249 Fax: 416 736-5814
> 4700 Keele Street    http://www.math.yorku.ca/SCS/friendly.html
> Toronto, ONT  M3J 1P3 CANADA

Felix Andrews / 安福立
http://www.neurofractal.org/felix/
3358 543D AAC6 22C2 D336  80D9 360B 72DD 3E4C F5D8