setSessionLimit

Benjamin Tyner
Hello

The doc/NEWS.2 file mentions a setSessionLimit function, added with
version 2.8.0

     o   setTimeLimit() function to set limits on the CPU
         and/or elapsed time for each top-level computation, and
         setSessionLimit() to set limits for the rest of the session.

However, I no longer see this function in recent versions of R, and
there is no mention of its removal in the NEWS nor in the svn log. So
I'm curious to learn why it was removed...does anyone recall?

Regards

Ben

Re: setSessionLimit

Duncan Murdoch-2
On 19/01/2018 7:49 AM, Benjamin Tyner wrote:

> Hello
>
> The doc/NEWS.2 file mentions a setSessionLimit function, added with
> version 2.8.0
>
>       o   setTimeLimit() function to set limits on the CPU
>           and/or elapsed time for each top-level computation, and
>           setSessionLimit() to set limits for the rest of the session.
>
> However, I no longer see this function in recent versions of R, and
> there is no mention of its removal in the NEWS nor in the svn log. So
> I'm curious to learn why it was removed...does anyone recall?

That looks like a typo.  If you read the ?setTimeLimit help page, you'll
see that it also documents setSessionTimeLimit.