studio server on High SIerra

Ira Fuchs
Can I run Rstudio Server on OSX 10.13 (High Sierra). If so, can someone
please point me to install directions? I found an old post that talks about
using homebrew but I can't find the rstudio-server brew to install.

Re: studio server on High SIerra

Bert Gunter-2
RStudio is a separate product from R. Post on the RStudio site, not R-help.

sticking things into it."

On Sat, Oct 20, 2018 at 8:12 PM Fuchs Ira <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Can I run Rstudio Server on OSX 10.13 (High Sierra). If so, can someone
> please point me to install directions? I found an old post that talks about
> using homebrew but I can't find the rstudio-server brew to install.

Re: studio server on High SIerra

Jeff Newmiller
There may be certain advantages to installing R via homebrew, but I wouldn't know... I don't use Mac OS. I suspect your easiest route would be to install via the method recommended on CRAN [1], and if you need more help getting R working then there is the R-sig-mac mailing list [2] for OS specific questions.

RStudio requires that you install R first, but as Bert points out this is not the support area for RStudio. The appropriate topics for this mailing list are described in the Posting Guide [3]. Note for future reference that when you send your email formatted as HTML what we see is a garbled version of what you sent, so in the future look for the plain-text setting in your email program when sending email to this list.

[1] https://cran.r-project.org/bin/macosx/
[3] See footer of this or any email from the list.

On October 20, 2018 9:01:47 PM PDT, Bert Gunter <[hidden email]> wrote:

>RStudio is a separate product from R. Post on the RStudio site, not
>R-help.
>
>Bert Gunter
>
>"The trouble with having an open mind is that people keep coming along
>and
>sticking things into it."
>-- Opus (aka Berkeley Breathed in his "Bloom County" comic strip )
>

>On Sat, Oct 20, 2018 at 8:12 PM Fuchs Ira <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Can I run Rstudio Server on OSX 10.13 (High Sierra). If so, can
>someone
>> please point me to install directions? I found an old post that talks
>about
>> using homebrew but I can't find the rstudio-server brew to install.

Re: studio server on High SIerra

R help mailing list-2
I post long time ago a post on my blog about this:
https://max2.ese.u-psud.fr/epc/conservation/Girondot/Publications/Blog_r/Entrees/2014/8/3_Install_RStudio_server_on_Marverick_MacOSX.html

You could try using this base.

Marc