survexp ratetables for european contries?

Threaded

survexp ratetables for european contries?

Heinz Tuechler
Dear All,

Does someone have, or know of survexp ratetables for european contries,
especially Austria and Germany?
I know only about slopop in the package relsurv.

Thanks in advance

Heinz Tüchler

Threaded

Re: survexp ratetables for european contries?

Robert Chung
Heinz Tuechler wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> Does someone have, or know of survexp ratetables for european contries,
> especially Austria and Germany?
> I know only about slopop in the package relsurv.

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking for; slopop contains counts
from the census.

If you're looking for rates or life tables, check out the Human Mortality
Database:
http://www.mortality.org

At 16:30 15.12.2005 +0100, Robert Chung wrote:
>Heinz Tuechler wrote:
>> Dear All,
>>
>> Does someone have, or know of survexp ratetables for european contries,
>> especially Austria and Germany?
>> I know only about slopop in the package relsurv.
>
>I'm not sure I understand what you're asking for; slopop contains counts
>from the census.

Not exactly, slopop is already a ratetable, although the description says
"census data set for the Slovene population".
If I do:
>library(relsurv)
> data(slopop)
> class(slopop)
[1] "ratetable"

I get class ratetable. It is not too difficult to construct a ratetable
from mortality data, but in case one is already available, I would use it.
It would be especially convenient to have one with a factor "contry" to be
used with international data.

>If you're looking for rates or life tables, check out the Human Mortality
>Database:
>http://www.mortality.org

Thanks for the link.