t-test confidence interval

Kemp S E (Comp)
Hi,

Does anyone know of a pre-existing function where I can get the t-test
confidence interval for a given mean, sd, degrees of freedom and
confidence limit.

I do NOT want to run any data through the t.test function.

Kind regards,

Sam.

Re: t-test confidence interval

Ben Bolker
Kemp S E (Comp <sekemp <at> glam.ac.uk> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know of a pre-existing function where I can get the t-test
> confidence interval for a given mean, sd, degrees of freedom and
> confidence limit.
>
> I do NOT want to run any data through the t.test function.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Sam.

  how about

mean+c(-1,1)*sd*qt(1-alpha/2,df)