tkchooseDirectory opens dialog below browser window

tkchooseDirectory opens dialog below browser window

bosgras
Dear all,

I'm using the tkchooseDirectory in a Shiny application to select a folder for importing a data file (on a windows 8 PC). This works fine, except that the popup dialog for selecting the folder appears below the browser window, or below the R studio window if run from there. The dialog does not appear as an icon on the taskbar, so I have to minimize whatever windows it hides behind before I can access it. Is there any way to make sure it pops up on top?

(I tried choose.dir, but it does the same thing.)

Thanks in advance,

bosgras

UI:

conditionalPanel(
  condition = "output.idEntered",
  directoryInput('directory', label = 'Select data folder')
),

server:

observeEvent(
    ignoreNULL = TRUE,
    eventExpr = {
      input$directory
    },
    handlerExpr = {
      if (input$directory > 0) {
        # condition prevents handler execution on initial app launch

        # launch the directory selection dialog with initial path read from the widget
        path = tclvalue(tkchooseDirectory())

        # update the widget value
        updateDirectoryInput(session, 'directory', value = path)
  )