useR! 2007 --- Call for papers and posters

useR! 2007 --- Call for papers and posters

Dianne Cook
R Users and Developers,

The first North American useR! will be held at Iowa State University,
Ames, Iowa, August 8–10, 2007. Information about the meeting can be
found at http://www.user2007.org/.

We are now ready to accept paper and poster submissions.

Papers are encouraged in all areas, but particular emphasis is given
to work describing newly created or improved R packages. Papers will
be refereed and a best paper/presentation award is likely. Your full
paper needs to be submitted by April 23, 5:00PM CST, to be considered
for the meeting.

There will also be the opportunity to present your work as a poster
instead of a paper. Poster submissions will be in the form of an
abstract and needs to be submitted by June 30.

Submit full papers, and poster abstracts, to [hidden email].

useR! Program Committee

Re: useR! 2007 --- Call for papers and posters

Ranjan Maitra
Di,

You probably wanted to say first useR! (hosted) in North America, isn't that right?

Anyway, I was wondering: what are the conditions for submitting a paper? Are the guidelines the same as JSS (or are they bringing it out)? If I can figure out how to make R packages, I might submit a paper on a package.

Ranjan