workspace question

Afshartous, David

All,

When starting R, how does one prevent the loading the previous
workspace which was saved?  I'd like to start a new project
and save the new image in a different directory, but I'd like to
partition this from the old project.  Does there exist a better
way than just deleting the files associated w/ the old project
manually?  I looked in the Intro to R manual and searched for
"workspace" and didn't see anything on this aspect.

Kind regards,
Dave

ps - please reply directly to [hidden email]

Re: workspace question

Liaw, Andy
If you start R with the argument --no-restore (or even --vanilla, I think),
no workspace will be loaded.

Personally I almost never save a workspace image.  Whatever I need I
explicitly save() and load() or attach().

Andy

From: Afshartous, David

> All,
>
> When starting R, how does one prevent the loading the previous
> workspace which was saved?  I'd like to start a new project
> and save the new image in a different directory, but I'd like to
> partition this from the old project.  Does there exist a better
> way than just deleting the files associated w/ the old project
> manually?  I looked in the Intro to R manual and searched for
> "workspace" and didn't see anything on this aspect.
>
> Kind regards,
> Dave
>
> ps - please reply directly to [hidden email]

Re: workspace question

stevenmh
Hi Dave,
Look at "save" in Help. R automatically loads the workspace called
".Rdata" at the beginning of a session. You could rename workspace,
and load or save whatever you like.
Hank