Σχετ: x-axis tick marks length in ggplot2

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Σχετ: x-axis tick marks length in ggplot2

R help mailing list-2
Dear Walter, 
I tried to use scale_x_continuous but the arguments that I found was to change the labels, the limits and the breaks. I was only able to increase the number of the tick marks. 
Best,Maria

    Στις 3:14 μ.μ. Πέμπτη, 28 Ιουνίου 2018, ο/η Walter Pina <[hidden email]> έγραψε:
 

 Dear Maria, you are totally right!
Did you tried the scale_x_continuous function and its arguments?
RegardsWalter
2018-06-28 8:48 GMT-03:00 'Maria Lathouri' via ggplot2 <[hidden email]>:

Dear Abhimanyu,

If I am not mistaken, this online help is to post questions, and if possible, these questions to be answered. NOT for sarcastic and insulting posts. You could have just easily ignored my question. So simple.    

Kind regards,Maria

    Στις 12:38 μ.μ. Πέμπτη, 28 Ιουνίου 2018, ο/η Maria Lathouri <[hidden email]> έγραψε:
 

 I am sorry but I didn't get your point. And I am not new in data science!!

Maria

    Στις 11:38 π.μ. Πέμπτη, 28 Ιουνίου 2018, ο/η Abhimanyu Khatry <[hidden email]> έγραψε:
 

 How a beginner can get started on ggplot ? Is it right to start this if someone is new to data science ?
On Wed, Jun 27, 2018 at 9:47 PM, 'Maria Lathouri' via ggplot2 <[hidden email]> wrote:

Dear all,


I would like to ask if there is a way to increase the length of the tick marks on the x-axis only.


I got the code:

p+ theme(axis.ticks.length=unit(. 30, "cm"))

but this increases the length for both x and y axis; whereas, I would like only on x-axis.


Thank you very much in advance.


Kind regards,
Maria

--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the ggplot2 mailing list.
Please provide a reproducible example: https://github.com/hadley/ devtools/wiki/Reproducibility

To post: email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe: email ggplot2+unsubscribe@ googlegroups.com
More options: http://groups.google.com/ group/ggplot2

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ggplot2" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to ggplot2+unsubscribe@ googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/ optout.


--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the ggplot2 mailing list.
Please provide a reproducible example: https://github.com/hadley/ devtools/wiki/Reproducibility
 
To post: email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe: email ggplot2+unsubscribe@ googlegroups.com
More options: http://groups.google.com/ group/ggplot2

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ggplot2" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to ggplot2+unsubscribe@ googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/ optout.


   

   --
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the ggplot2 mailing list.
Please provide a reproducible example: https://github.com/hadley/ devtools/wiki/Reproducibility
 
To post: email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe: email ggplot2+unsubscribe@ googlegroups.com
More options: http://groups.google.com/ group/ggplot2

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ggplot2" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to ggplot2+unsubscribe@ googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/ optout.




   
        [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list -- To UNSUBSCRIBE and more, see
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
PLEASE do read the posting guide http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Σχετ: x-axis tick marks length in ggplot2

Rui Barradas
Hello,

I don't believe what you want is possible because:

axis.ticks.x and axis.ticks.y change the width of the tick marks

axis.ticks.length changes the length but there is no x and y axis
versions, just a general purpose one.

Sorry I couldn't be of much help,

Rui Barradas

Às 11:01 de 29-06-2018, Maria Lathouri via R-help escreveu:

> Dear Walter,
> I tried to use scale_x_continuous but the arguments that I found was to change the labels, the limits and the breaks. I was only able to increase the number of the tick marks.
> Best,Maria
>
>      Στις 3:14 μ.μ. Πέμπτη, 28 Ιουνίου 2018, ο/η Walter Pina <[hidden email]> έγραψε:
>  
>
>   Dear Maria, you are totally right!
> Did you tried the scale_x_continuous function and its arguments?
> RegardsWalter
> 2018-06-28 8:48 GMT-03:00 'Maria Lathouri' via ggplot2 <[hidden email]>:
>
> Dear Abhimanyu,
>
> If I am not mistaken, this online help is to post questions, and if possible, these questions to be answered. NOT for sarcastic and insulting posts. You could have just easily ignored my question. So simple.
>
> Kind regards,Maria
>
>      Στις 12:38 μ.μ. Πέμπτη, 28 Ιουνίου 2018, ο/η Maria Lathouri <[hidden email]> έγραψε:
>  
>
>   I am sorry but I didn't get your point. And I am not new in data science!!
>
> Maria
>
>      Στις 11:38 π.μ. Πέμπτη, 28 Ιουνίου 2018, ο/η Abhimanyu Khatry <[hidden email]> έγραψε:
>  
>
>   How a beginner can get started on ggplot ? Is it right to start this if someone is new to data science ?
> On Wed, Jun 27, 2018 at 9:47 PM, 'Maria Lathouri' via ggplot2 <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Dear all,
>
>
> I would like to ask if there is a way to increase the length of the tick marks on the x-axis only.
>
>
> I got the code:
>
> p+ theme(axis.ticks.length=unit(. 30, "cm"))
>
> but this increases the length for both x and y axis; whereas, I would like only on x-axis.
>
>
> Thank you very much in advance.
>
>
> Kind regards,
> Maria
>

______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list -- To UNSUBSCRIBE and more, see
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
PLEASE do read the posting guide http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.