xlsx error

Andrew Winterman
Hey All,

I'm trying to use the xlsx package to read a series of excel spreadsheets
into R, but my code is failing at the first step.

I setwd into my the directory with the spreadsheets, and, as a test ask for
the first one:

   read.xlsx(file = "Argentina Final.xls", sheetIndex = 1)

I promptly get an error message:

Error in .jcall(row[[ir]], "Lorg/apache/poi/xssf/usermodel/XSSFCell;",  :

  method getCell with signature (I)Lorg/apache/poi/xssf/usermodel/XSSFCell;
not found

Anyone have any idea how to fix this issue?

Thanks,

Andrew Winterman

Re: xlsx error

Dieter Menne
Andrew Winterman wrote
I'm trying to use the xlsx package to read a series of excel spreadsheets
into R, but my code is failing at the first step.

I setwd into my the directory with the spreadsheets, and, as a test ask for
the first one:

   read.xlsx(file = "Argentina Final.xls", sheetIndex = 1)
I promptly get an error message:
Error in .jcall(row[[ir]], "Lorg/apache/poi/xssf/usermodel/XSSFCell;",  :
Check if your Java installation is ok. Try to access an rJava function directly for a test

Dieter