?

JONON
This post was updated on .

Re : ncd4 package

Pascal Oettli-2
Hi,

Package "ncdf4" is not available for Windows.

Regards,
Pascal

Re: ncd4 package

sluedtke
This one is for windows.

http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/RNetCDF/index.html

but you need netcdf libraries and udunits libraries installed.

http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/RNetCDF/INSTALL

Cheers

See the

On Fri, 2012-03-16 at 00:39 -0700, Amen wrote:

> Hi
> I am using windows. I cant install ncdf4 package but it didn't work . any
> suggestions!!

Re: ncd4 package (really ncdf4)

Prof Brian Ripley
On Fri, 16 Mar 2012, Stefan Luedtke wrote:

> This one is for windows.
>
> http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/RNetCDF/index.html
>
> but you need netcdf libraries and udunits libraries installed.
>
> http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/RNetCDF/INSTALL

Which are the non-Windows instructions.  On Windows the libraries are
statically linked into the binary package (and BTW, it is udunits2,
not udunits, these days).

ncdf4 is available for Windows from the author: see
http://cirrus.ucsd.edu/~pierce/ncdf/ . However, the author does not
make clear that is a non-standard 32-bit-only build.  The main reason
that there is no Windows binary on CRAN is the lack of 64-bit support.

And ncdf is also available for Windows.

> Cheers
>
> See the
>
> On Fri, 2012-03-16 at 00:39 -0700, Amen wrote:
>
>> Hi
>> I am using windows. I cant install ncdf4 package but it didn't work . any
>> suggestions!!

Re: ncd4 package (really ncdf4)

sluedtke
sorry, I did not know that, thanks!