4th corner analysis ade4 - what do the colors mean

4th corner analysis ade4 - what do the colors mean

stephen sefick-2
I have used the fourthcorner function as suggest by dray and legendre
(model 2 and 4 then combine).  I plot the combined value with
plot(four.comb, type="G").  What do the colors mean?  I have both grey
and black bars.
many thanks,

Stephen

--
Stephen Sefick
Auburn University

Let's not spend our time and resources thinking about things that are so little or so large that all they really do for us is puff us up and make us feel like gods.  We are mammals, and have not exhausted the annoying little problems of being mammals.

                                 -K. Mullis

"A big computer, a complex algorithm and a long time does not equal science."

                               -Robert Gentleman

Re: 4th corner analysis ade4 - what do the colors mean

Mark Difford
On Jan 21, 2012; 7:39am stephen sefick wrote:

>  I plot the combined value with plot(four.comb, type="G").  What do the colors mean?  I have both grey
> and black bars.

The help file for fourthcorner plainly tells you (sub Details). You can also work out the meaning by looking at the summary statistics:

"The function plot produces a graphical representation of the results (white for non siginficant, light grey for negative sgnificant and dark grey for positive suignficant relationships)."

Regards, Mark.
Mark Difford (Ph.D.)
Research Associate
Botany Department
Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University
Port Elizabeth, South Africa

Re: 4th corner analysis ade4 - what do the colors mean

ssefick
Many apologies, I missed that line in the help file.  Thanks for all of the help.
kindest regards,

Stephen Sefick