A WSL question with allocation

Erin Hodgess-2
Hello!

Hope everyone is staying well.

I’m not sure if this is the right list for this question, but here goes.

I am using the new experimental WSL on my Windows laptop.  It was going
well until yesterday.   I’m using Ubuntu 20.04.  I am starting to get “
error: cannot allocate vector of size 1.3 gb”.  I have 32 gb of RAM.  I
tried using “unlimit -v 1600000000”, not working.

Has anyone else had trouble with this, please? I’m thinking that it might
be because of the newness of the WSL platform.

Thanks,
Erin

--
Erin Hodgess, PhD
mailto: [hidden email]

Re: A WSL question with allocation

Peter Dalgaard-2
Does "ulimit -a" give a hint? (NB: no n in there...)

-pd

> On 21 Jul 2020, at 17:30 , Erin Hodgess <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello!
>
> Hope everyone is staying well.
>
> I’m not sure if this is the right list for this question, but here goes.
>
> I am using the new experimental WSL on my Windows laptop.  It was going
> well until yesterday.   I’m using Ubuntu 20.04.  I am starting to get “
> error: cannot allocate vector of size 1.3 gb”.  I have 32 gb of RAM.  I
> tried using “unlimit -v 1600000000”, not working.
>
> Has anyone else had trouble with this, please? I’m thinking that it might
> be because of the newness of the WSL platform.
>
> Thanks,
> Erin
>
> --
> Erin Hodgess, PhD