A problem in allocation of vector of size

A problem in allocation of vector of size

Yan Li
Hi, r-users

I happen to a problem in allocation of vector of size. When I run my R
script, an error appears:

Error: cannot allocate vector of size 450 Mb

Could anyone happen to the same problem? Thank you for your help.

Lee

Re: A problem in allocation of vector of size

jholtman
You have run out of memory.  What OS are you using, how much physical
memory do you have? how large are the objects you already have in your
data space?  Have you removed all extraneous objects and done 'gc()'?

The solution is to get better control of your data space and
understand what is using it up.

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 12:58 AM, Yan Li <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi, r-users
>

> I happen to a problem in allocation of vector of size. When I run my R
> script, an error appears:
>

> Error: cannot allocate vector of size 450 Mb
>

> Could anyone happen to the same problem? Thank you for your help.
>

> Lee

Jim Holtman
Cincinnati, OH
+1 513 646 9390