AKIMA color contouring

James T Metz
R Users,

        I am using the AKIMA contrib package to generate a 2D colored
contour plot.

        The code generates a contour value color legend adjacent the plot
based on the range of
Z values in the plot.

        Is there some way to make the association between Z values and
color scale absolute
rather than relative i.e., I want dark green to always mean Z = 4.00 even
if I don't have any data
with that Z value.  Or, I want red to always mean Z = 9.00 whether or not
I have data points with
those values.  I also want to always display the same exact color scale.

        Otherwise, it is difficult to compare contour plots because the
colorization is not standard.

        Does anyone know of R code to do this?

        Thank you.

        Regards,
        Jim Metz

James T. Metz, Ph.D.
Senior Scientist III Chemistry

GPRD R4DG AP52 - 01D10P
Abbott Laboratories
100 Abbott Park Road
Abbott Park, IL  60064 - 6100
U.S.A.

Office (847) 936 - 0441
FAX    (847) 938 - 2756

[hidden email]

This communication may contain information that is legally privileged,
confidential, or exempt from disclosure.  If you are not the intended
recipient, please note that any dissemination, distribution, use, or
copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  Anyone who receives
this message in error should notify the sender immediately by telephone
(847 - 936 - 0441) or return email and delete it from his or her computer.

Re: AKIMA color contouring

Robert J Gregg