[ANN] Rblpapi 0.3.10

Dirk Eddelbuettel

The Rblpapi team is happy to announce version 0.3.10 of the package with a
significant enhancement contributed by Al Kanzler: bpipe support.

You can get this version from the ghrr drat repo, see

   http://ghrr.github.io/drat/

for details.

We uploaded this to CRAN four days ago; the package has no NOTE, WARNING or
ERROR apart from one NOTE about StagedInstall from R 3.6.0 we can do nothing
about given the need for the rpath linker registration of the Bloomberg API
shared library. We asked repeatedly about the status; of course we have yet
to receive as much as a single character in return.

This behaviour by CRAN is rather unsatisfying, but there is also little we
can do about it besides offering the package another way -- as we do here via
the 'ghrr' drat repo hosted on GitHub. As frustrating as it is, CRAN too is
operated by volunteers so it is what it is.

Enjoy,  Dirk

Re: [ANN] Rblpapi 0.3.10

Dirk Eddelbuettel

On 6 April 2019 at 16:11, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

| The Rblpapi team is happy to announce version 0.3.10 of the package with a
| significant enhancement contributed by Al Kanzler: bpipe support.
|
| You can get this version from the ghrr drat repo, see
|
|    http://ghrr.github.io/drat/
|
| for details.
|
| We uploaded this to CRAN four days ago; the package has no NOTE, WARNING or
| ERROR apart from one NOTE about StagedInstall from R 3.6.0 we can do nothing
| about given the need for the rpath linker registration of the Bloomberg API
| shared library. We asked repeatedly about the status; of course we have yet
| to receive as much as a single character in return.
|
| This behaviour by CRAN is rather unsatisfying, but there is also little we
| can do about it besides offering the package another way -- as we do here via
| the 'ghrr' drat repo hosted on GitHub. As frustrating as it is, CRAN too is
| operated by volunteers so it is what it is.

As a follow-up, after five days of giving it the 'silent treatment' the
package is now on CRAN.  Windows users should see binaries in a day or two.

Dirk