Adding a footnote in plot-window in R

Arun.stat
Dear all R users,

Suppose,
> x = rnorm(1000)
> y = rt(1000,3)
> plot(range(1:1000),range(x,y),type="n",xlab=NA,ylab=NA)
> lines(x,col="red")
> lines(y,col="blue")
Now I want to put a footnote in the plot window to tell that RED lines
represents the random numbers from normal-dist and blue line represents the
random numbers from t-dist.

Can anyone please tell me how to do that?

Sincerely yours,
Arun

Re: Adding a footnote in plot-window in R

Rolf Turner-2-2
?legend