Adjusted Rate Ratios in R

matthew.benigni
I am trying to calculate Poisson regression based adjusted rate ratios in R, but R's default in glm does not code the intercept as the global rate.  In SAS I use "cell means" coding so that the intercept is the global rate, but I do not know how to do this in R.  If anyone knows a way to make glm use "cell means", or an how to find adjusted rate ratios I would be grateful.

Re: Adjusted Rate Ratios in R

Walmes Zeviani-3
Matthew,

You can change the matrix (restriction) involved. Start from

help(contr.sum)

to know how specify this.

Walmes.

Walmes Marques Zeviani
LEG (Laboratório de Estatística e Geoinformação, 25.450418 S, 49.231759 W)
Departamento de Estatística - Universidade Federal do Paraná
fone: (+55) 41 3361 3573
VoIP: (3361 3600) 1053 1173
e-mail: [hidden email]
twitter: @walmeszeviani