Arrows Pointing to Curve

Lorenzo Isella
Dear All,
I hope this is not a FAQ, but my online research was not fruitful.
Consider a standard 2D plot generated with the "plot" command.
I would like to introduce inside the graph some text with an arrow
pointing to a specific position of the plotted function.
Is this doable in R? Can anyone provide me with an example?
Many thanks

Lorenzo

Re: Arrows Pointing to Curve

Dylan Beaudette-2
On Wednesday 26 September 2007, Lorenzo Isella wrote:
> Dear All,
> I hope this is not a FAQ, but my online research was not fruitful.
> Consider a standard 2D plot generated with the "plot" command.
> I would like to introduce inside the graph some text with an arrow
> pointing to a specific position of the plotted function.
> Is this doable in R? Can anyone provide me with an example?
> Many thanks
>
> Lorenzo

?arrows

--
Dylan Beaudette
Soil Resource Laboratory

Re: Arrows Pointing to Curve

John Kane-2
? arrows

plot(1:10)
text(2,5, "Point")
arrows(3,5, 4.5, 5)

--- Lorenzo Isella <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear All,
> I hope this is not a FAQ, but my online research was
> not fruitful.
> Consider a standard 2D plot generated with the
> "plot" command.
> I would like to introduce inside the graph some text
> with an arrow
> pointing to a specific position of the plotted
> function.
> Is this doable in R? Can anyone provide me with an
> example?
> Many thanks
>
> Lorenzo

Re: Arrows Pointing to Curve

Frank Harrell
Dylan Beaudette wrote:

> On Wednesday 26 September 2007, Lorenzo Isella wrote:
>> Dear All,
>> I hope this is not a FAQ, but my online research was not fruitful.
>> Consider a standard 2D plot generated with the "plot" command.
>> I would like to introduce inside the graph some text with an arrow
>> pointing to a specific position of the plotted function.
>> Is this doable in R? Can anyone provide me with an example?
>> Many thanks
>>
>> Lorenzo
>
> ?arrows

The labcurve function in the Hmisc package has an option to label curves
in that way at the point of maximum separation.

Frank

--
Frank E Harrell Jr   Professor and Chair           School of Medicine

Frank Harrell

Re: Arrows Pointing to Curve

P Ehlers
You might also look at ?Arrows in package IDPmisc
and ?p.arrows in package sfsmisc.

  - Peter Ehlers