Binomial PCA Using pcr()

prasaddn
Hi All,

i am very new to R and need guidance.

Need help in doing process capability Analysis for my data set (6 months of
data) given in below format:

Date   |   Opportunities  |  Defectives | DefectivesInPercent

I searched and found that pcr() from QualityTools package can be used for
this purpose.  The USL is 2% defectives.

MyData = read.csv(file.choose())   #select  CSV file that has data in above
mentioned format.
x <- MyData$DefectivesInPercent

pcr(x, distribution = "negative-binomial", usl=0.02)

I get error message as:
Error in pcr(x, distribution = "negative-binomial", usl = 0.02) :
  y distribution could not be found!

Please advise, how to proceed?

Regards,
Prasad DN

Re: Binomial PCA Using pcr()

R help mailing list-2
Hi Prasad,

I think this might be a problem with the package, and you can try to
contact the package author.

The error seem to arise because the pcr() cannot find the
'negative-binomial' distribution

```
library(qualityTools)
x <- rnbinom(500, mu = 4, size = 100)
pcr(x, distribution = "negative-binomial")
```

When I look in the code of pcr(), there is some testing against the
words 'negative binomial' (note the missing -), although the
documentation clearly lists 'negative-binomial' as a possible
distribution.

Unfortunately changing 'negative-binomial' to 'negative binomial' does
not help, as

```
pcr(x, distribution = "negative binomial")
```

throws the error "object '.confintnbinom' not found" and a lot of
warnings.

Best,
Ulrik