C stack usage 7970372 is too close to the limit

C stack usage 7970372 is too close to the limit

Raj kapoor
Hi Team,

I have one production instance in aws, in CentoOs linux environment, i have
5 user to access the instance for using RStudio, In case R-studio working 4
users running good, while we access 5th users its getting error,

First issue : C stack usage 7970372 is too close to the limit

Second Issue :  no stack overflow

Please provide the solution.

Re: C stack usage 7970372 is too close to the limit

Ivan Krylov
On Fri, 7 Aug 2020 22:25:32 +0530
Raj kapoor <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have one production instance in aws, in CentoOs linux environment,
> i have 5 user to access the instance for using RStudio, In case
> R-studio working 4 users running good, while we access 5th users its
> getting error,

Sorry, R-Studio support is over there: https://support.rstudio.com/

If you think that the issue is with R and not R-Studio, please show us
how this problem can be reproduced (i.e. include the data and the code
we could run ourselves to trigger the issue). Check out the posting
guide [*] and, in particular, this HOWTO [**] on seeking technical help.

--
Best regards,
Ivan

> [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

P.S. Please post in plain text, not HTML.

[*] https://www.r-project.org/posting-guide.html
The link is appended to every e-mail sent via this list.

[**] http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Re: C stack usage 7970372 is too close to the limit

John Harrold
Hello Raj,

I've gotten this type of error in the past when I've done things like use
while loops that didn't end. Basically, I think this means you're running
out of memory. If you want more users, possibly increase the amount of ram
in your machine.

John

On Mon, Aug 10, 2020 at 6:43 AM Raj kapoor <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Team,
>
> I have one production instance in aws, in CentoOs linux environment, i have
> 5 user to access the instance for using RStudio, In case R-studio working 4
> users running good, while we access 5th users its getting error,
>
> First issue : C stack usage 7970372 is too close to the limit
>
> Second Issue :  no stack overflow
>
> Please provide the solution.

John
:wq

Re: C stack usage 7970372 is too close to the limit

Raj kapoor
Hi John,

I have 10 user in the instance, 9 user is working and access the R studio
app, but while access the 10th user it's getting stack usage limit issues,
then we create the new users its working fine.

On Mon, 10 Aug 2020, 10:21 pm John Harrold, <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hello Raj,
>
> I've gotten this type of error in the past when I've done things like use
> while loops that didn't end. Basically, I think this means you're running
> out of memory. If you want more users, possibly increase the amount of ram
> in your machine.
>
> John
>
> On Mon, Aug 10, 2020 at 6:43 AM Raj kapoor <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Team,
>>
>> I have one production instance in aws, in CentoOs linux environment, i
>> have
>> 5 user to access the instance for using RStudio, In case R-studio working
>> 4
>> users running good, while we access 5th users its getting error,
>>
>> First issue : C stack usage 7970372 is too close to the limit
>>
>> Second Issue :  no stack overflow
>>
>> Please provide the solution.

> John
> :wq

Re: C stack usage 7970372 is too close to the limit

Raj kapoor
Hi John,

Only the particular users getting error john. Please help me

On Mon, 10 Aug 2020, 11:43 pm Raj kapoor, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> I have 10 user in the instance, 9 user is working and access the R studio
> app, but while access the 10th user it's getting stack usage limit issues,
> then we create the new users its working fine.
>
> On Mon, 10 Aug 2020, 10:21 pm John Harrold, <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello Raj,
>>
>> I've gotten this type of error in the past when I've done things like use
>> while loops that didn't end. Basically, I think this means you're running
>> out of memory. If you want more users, possibly increase the amount of ram
>> in your machine.
>>
>> John
>>
>> On Mon, Aug 10, 2020 at 6:43 AM Raj kapoor <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Team,
>>>
>>> I have one production instance in aws, in CentoOs linux environment, i
>>> have
>>> 5 user to access the instance for using RStudio, In case R-studio
>>> working 4
>>> users running good, while we access 5th users its getting error,
>>>
>>> First issue : C stack usage 7970372 is too close to the limit
>>>
>>> Second Issue :  no stack overflow
>>>
>>> Please provide the solution.

>> --
>> John
>> :wq

Re: C stack usage 7970372 is too close to the limit

Jeff Newmiller
Please take this discussion elsewhere... it is off-topic here. Ivan offered options earlier in this regard.

On August 10, 2020 11:14:22 AM PDT, Raj kapoor <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hi John,
>
>Only the particular users getting error john. Please help me
>

>On Mon, 10 Aug 2020, 11:43 pm Raj kapoor, <[hidden email]>
>wrote:
>
>> Hi John,
>>
>> I have 10 user in the instance, 9 user is working and access the R
>studio
>> app, but while access the 10th user it's getting stack usage limit
>issues,
>> then we create the new users its working fine.
>>
>> On Mon, 10 Aug 2020, 10:21 pm John Harrold,
><[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello Raj,
>>>
>>> I've gotten this type of error in the past when I've done things
>like use
>>> while loops that didn't end. Basically, I think this means you're
>running
>>> out of memory. If you want more users, possibly increase the amount
>of ram
>>> in your machine.
>>>
>>> John
>>>
>>> On Mon, Aug 10, 2020 at 6:43 AM Raj kapoor
><[hidden email]>

>environment, i

>>> --
>>> John
>>> :wq

Re: C stack usage 7970372 is too close to the limit

Wang Jiefei
Hello Raj,

Please include a reproducible example. If you only give a generic error
message, the best solution we can offer is to reboot your server and try it
again.

Anyway, from the information you gave, it seems like you should ask this
question in the Rstudio community(I assume you are running their production
on the server). This is R's community, you are welcome to ask but it is
less likely that you can get an expert to answer this type of question.

Best,
Jiefei