CRAN and ggplot2 geom and stat extensions

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

CRAN and ggplot2 geom and stat extensions

Frank Harrell
I am thinking about adding several geom and stat extensions to ggplot2
in the Hmisc package.  To do this requires using non-exported ggplot2
functions as discussed in
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18108406/creating-a-custom-stat-object-in-ggplot2

If I use the needed ggplot2::: notation the package will no longer pass
CRAN checks.  Does anyone know of a solution?  I'm assuming that Hadley
doesn't want to export these functions or he would have done so a long
time ago because of the number of users who have asked questions related
to this.

Frank
--
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Frank E Harrell Jr Professor and Chairman School of Medicine

        Department of *Biostatistics* *Vanderbilt University*


        [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-devel
Frank Harrell
Department of Biostatistics, Vanderbilt University
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: CRAN and ggplot2 geom and stat extensions

Ista Zahn
On Tue, Dec 23, 2014 at 10:34 AM, Frank Harrell
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I am thinking about adding several geom and stat extensions to ggplot2
> in the Hmisc package.  To do this requires using non-exported ggplot2
> functions as discussed in
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18108406/creating-a-custom-stat-object-in-ggplot2
>
> If I use the needed ggplot2::: notation the package will no longer pass
> CRAN checks.  Does anyone know of a solution?

the ggthemes package is on CRAN and uses ggplot2::: so it is at least
possible that this will be allowed for Hmisc as well.

Best,
Ista

  I'm assuming that Hadley

> doesn't want to export these functions or he would have done so a long
> time ago because of the number of users who have asked questions related
> to this.
>
> Frank
> --
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Frank E Harrell Jr      Professor and Chairman  School of Medicine
>
>         Department of *Biostatistics*   *Vanderbilt University*
>
>
>         [[alternative HTML version deleted]]
>
> ______________________________________________
> [hidden email] mailing list
> https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-devel

______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: CRAN and ggplot2 geom and stat extensions

Gabor Grothendieck
On Tue, Dec 23, 2014 at 11:21 AM, Ista Zahn <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 23, 2014 at 10:34 AM, Frank Harrell
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I am thinking about adding several geom and stat extensions to ggplot2
>> in the Hmisc package.  To do this requires using non-exported ggplot2
>> functions as discussed in
>> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18108406/creating-a-custom-stat-object-in-ggplot2
>>
>> If I use the needed ggplot2::: notation the package will no longer pass
>> CRAN checks.  Does anyone know of a solution?
>
> the ggthemes package is on CRAN and uses ggplot2::: so it is at least
> possible that this will be allowed for Hmisc as well.
>

Packages ggmap, ggtern and ggsubplot also define their own geom's and/or stat's.

______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-devel