CRAN submit page down

Dirk Eddelbuettel

Andrie noticed that first, and I can confirm: from our end, it looks as if
the backend to http://cran.r-project.org/submit.html is currently down.

Dirk

Re: CRAN submit page down

William Revelle
This still seems to be the case.

I tried uploading the most recent version of psych and got as far as the Step 3 page which says that it has sent out an email.
However, although normally this step takes agout 1 minute, nothing has happened for 16 hours.

Should we just use the old system of uploading to the ftp site and sending a confirming email?

Thanks of course to the CRAN maintainers without whom this amazing system would not exist.

Bill

> On Apr 23, 2015, at 2:52 PM, Dirk Eddelbuettel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Andrie noticed that first, and I can confirm: from our end, it looks as if
> the backend to http://cran.r-project.org/submit.html is currently down.
>
> Dirk
>
> --
> http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | [hidden email]

William Revelle           http://personality-project.org/revelle.html
Professor           http://personality-project.org
Department of Psychology   http://www.wcas.northwestern.edu/psych/
Northwestern University   http://www.northwestern.edu/
Use R for psychology             http://personality-project.org/r
It is 3 minutes to midnight   http://www.thebulletin.org

Re: CRAN submit page down

Uwe Ligges-3

On 26.04.2015 13:23, William Revelle wrote:
> This still seems to be the case.
>
> I tried uploading the most recent version of psych and got as far as the Step 3 page which says that it has sent out an email.
> However, although normally this step takes agout 1 minute, nothing has happened for 16 hours.
>
> Should we just use the old system of uploading to the ftp site and sending a confirming email?
>
> Thanks of course to the CRAN maintainers without whom this amazing system would not exist.

The sysadmins in Vienna will try to fix the problems on Monday.

The submission page says so now.

I'd be happy if non-urgent package submissions can be deferred until the
web submission page is working again. In case of really urgent
submissions, please go ahead with ftp uploads but *please* send the
mails in the format the CRAN team asks for in the CRAN policies.

Thanks, sorry for the inconvenience and best wishes,
Uwe Ligges

> Bill
>
>> On Apr 23, 2015, at 2:52 PM, Dirk Eddelbuettel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>> Andrie noticed that first, and I can confirm: from our end, it looks as if
>> the backend to http://cran.r-project.org/submit.html is currently down.
>>
>> Dirk
>>
>> --
>> http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | [hidden email]