Change colour ggiNEXT plot package iNEXT

Change colour ggiNEXT plot package iNEXT

Luigi
Dear all,
is it possible to provide custom color to the rarefaction curve of the
package iNEXT (ggiNEXT)?
If I have these data:
```
library(iNEXT)
library(ggplot2)
data(spider)
out <- iNEXT(spider, q=0, datatype="abundance")
ggiNEXT(out, type=1)
```
can i colour the lines with, let's say, yellow and green?
Thank you
--
Best regards,
Luigi

Re: Change colour ggiNEXT plot package iNEXT

Jeff Newmiller
Probably, assuming that function returns a ggplot object. You will need to identify the levels of the factor used for distinguishing groups, and add a scale_colour_manual() to the ggplot object with colors specified in the same order as those levels.

Support for obscure packages is technically off-topic here ... if you need a more specific answer you may need to correspond with the package authors or use their suggested support resources.

On October 22, 2019 2:18:49 AM PDT, Luigi Marongiu <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Dear all,
>is it possible to provide custom color to the rarefaction curve of the
>package iNEXT (ggiNEXT)?
>If I have these data:
>```
>library(iNEXT)
>library(ggplot2)
>data(spider)
>out <- iNEXT(spider, q=0, datatype="abundance")
>ggiNEXT(out, type=1)
>```
>can i colour the lines with, let's say, yellow and green?
>Thank you

Re: Change colour ggiNEXT plot package iNEXT

Luigi
I thought it was a major package for ecological analysis. Anyway,
thank you for the tips. I'll dip from there.

On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 5:29 PM Jeff Newmiller <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Probably, assuming that function returns a ggplot object. You will need to identify the levels of the factor used for distinguishing groups, and add a scale_colour_manual() to the ggplot object with colors specified in the same order as those levels.
>
> Support for obscure packages is technically off-topic here ... if you need a more specific answer you may need to correspond with the package authors or use their suggested support resources.
>
> On October 22, 2019 2:18:49 AM PDT, Luigi Marongiu <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >Dear all,
> >is it possible to provide custom color to the rarefaction curve of the
> >package iNEXT (ggiNEXT)?
> >If I have these data:
> >```
> >library(iNEXT)
> >library(ggplot2)
> >data(spider)
> >out <- iNEXT(spider, q=0, datatype="abundance")
> >ggiNEXT(out, type=1)
> >```
> >can i colour the lines with, let's say, yellow and green?
> >Thank you

Best regards,
Luigi

Re: Change colour ggiNEXT plot package iNEXT

David Winsemius

On 10/22/19 12:48 PM, Luigi Marongiu wrote:
> I thought it was a major package for ecological analysis.

Yours is the first question in 20 years of Rhelp about the package iNEXT.

--

David

> Anyway,
> thank you for the tips. I'll dip from there.
>
> On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 5:29 PM Jeff Newmiller <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Probably, assuming that function returns a ggplot object. You will need to identify the levels of the factor used for distinguishing groups, and add a scale_colour_manual() to the ggplot object with colors specified in the same order as those levels.
>>
>> Support for obscure packages is technically off-topic here ... if you need a more specific answer you may need to correspond with the package authors or use their suggested support resources.
>>
>> On October 22, 2019 2:18:49 AM PDT, Luigi Marongiu <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Dear all,
>>> is it possible to provide custom color to the rarefaction curve of the
>>> package iNEXT (ggiNEXT)?
>>> If I have these data:
>>> ```
>>> library(iNEXT)
>>> library(ggplot2)
>>> data(spider)
>>> out <- iNEXT(spider, q=0, datatype="abundance")
>>> ggiNEXT(out, type=1)
>>> ```
>>> can i colour the lines with, let's say, yellow and green?
>>> Thank you

Re: Change colour ggiNEXT plot package iNEXT

R help mailing list-2
Apparently, the iNEXT package was first described in an academic paper
published in 2016, although CRAN archives go back to 2015.
http://chao.stat.nthu.edu.tw/wordpress/paper/120_pdf_appendix.pdf
https://cran.r-project.org/src/contrib/Archive/iNEXT/

The vignette below has a section entitled "General Customization"
which talks about color. See the four lines of code I've added to the
vignette's code to get a general idea what to do.
https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/iNEXT/vignettes/Introduction.html

library(iNEXT)
library(ggplot2)
library(gridExtra)
library(grid)
data("spider")
out <- iNEXT(spider, q=0, datatype="abundance")
g <- ggiNEXT(out, type=1, color.var = "site")
print(g)
g1 <- g + scale_colour_manual(values=c("yellow", "green"))
print(g1)
g2 <- g1 + scale_fill_manual(values=c("yellow", "green"))
print(g2)

HTH, Bill.

W. Michels, Ph.D.

On Wed, Oct 23, 2019 at 11:13 AM David Winsemius <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 10/22/19 12:48 PM, Luigi Marongiu wrote:
> > I thought it was a major package for ecological analysis.
>

> Yours is the first question in 20 years of Rhelp about the package iNEXT.
>

> --
>
> David
>
> > Anyway,
> > thank you for the tips. I'll dip from there.
> >
> > On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 5:29 PM Jeff Newmiller <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >> Probably, assuming that function returns a ggplot object. You will need to identify the levels of the factor used for distinguishing groups, and add a scale_colour_manual() to the ggplot object with colors specified in the same order as those levels.
> >>
> >> Support for obscure packages is technically off-topic here ... if you need a more specific answer you may need to correspond with the package authors or use their suggested support resources.

> >> --
> >> Sent from my phone. Please excuse my brevity.

Re: Change colour ggiNEXT plot package iNEXT

Luigi
Thank you!