Cluster mapping data

Graham Leask-2
I am looking to cluster some data including a postcode shape file but need to ensure that the resulting groups are contiguous.

How do I accomplish this using R?

Kind Regards

Dr Graham Leask
Economics & Strategy Group
Aston University
Aston Triangle
Birmingham
B4 7ET

Tel: 0121 204 3150

Re: Cluster mapping data

Bert Gunter
Have you looked at the "Cluster" task view on CRAN?

http://cran.r-project.org/web/views/

-- Bert

Bert Gunter
Genentech Nonclinical Biostatistics
(650) 467-7374

is certainly not wisdom."
Clifford Stoll

On Sun, Mar 8, 2015 at 9:58 AM, Leask, Graham <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am looking to cluster some data including a postcode shape file but need to ensure that the resulting groups are contiguous.
>
> How do I accomplish this using R?
>
> Kind Regards
>
> Dr Graham Leask
> Economics & Strategy Group
> Aston University
> Aston Triangle
> Birmingham
> B4 7ET
>
> Tel: 0121 204 3150

Re: Cluster mapping data

Graham Leask-2
Bert,

Thank you for the suggestion but I am familiar with the clustering routines in R. My issue is how to carry out a grouping analysis on multi variate data that includes postcode shape file data as a variable.

Rather than obtain clusters spread across the map I am looking to limit the solution to groups that are entirely contiguous. I know how to accomplish this with SAS but I am looking to accomplish this using R.

Kind Regards

Dr Graham Leask
Economics & Strategy Group
Aston University