Code for The R Book

Paul Miller
Hello Everyone,

Does anyone have the R code for this book? I contacted the author about this and was told that it used to be on the book's website, but that the publisher had asked that it be taken down. I'm hoping that someone will have downloaded the code when it was available, and that they will be willing to share it with me.

The book is almost 1,000 pages long and I'd like to be able to run the example programs in R without having to type them all myself.

Thanks,

Paul

Re: Code for The R Book

Carlos Ortega
Hello,

You can find the code here:

http://www.bio.ic.ac.uk/research/mjcraw/therbook/index.htm

<http://www.bio.ic.ac.uk/research/mjcraw/therbook/index.htm>Regards,
Carlos Ortega.

On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 9:31 PM, Paul Miller <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> Does anyone have the R code for this book? I contacted the author about
> this and was told that it used to be on the book's website, but that the
> publisher had asked that it be taken down. I'm hoping that someone will have
> downloaded the code when it was available, and that they will be willing to
> share it with me.
>
> The book is almost 1,000 pages long and I'd like to be able to run the
> example programs in R without having to type them all myself.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Paul

Re: Code for The R Book

Paul Miller
Hi Carlos,

Unfortunately, I don't think I can get the code there. I've been to the website before, and all I've been able to find is data. At first, I thought that was all that had ever been there. But when I got to the end of The R Book the first time, I noticed a statement indicating that an example was reworked on the website. And so I contacted the author, to see if I was somehow not seeing where the code was located.

It was at this point that the author told me that the publisher had asked him to remove the code from the website! I have no idea why he would asked to do this and he sent me no code. So I was just hoping that someone would have downloaded the code previously and would be willing to share it with me.

Thanks,

Paul

Re: Code for The R Book

Peter Raundal
Hi Paul,

I'm struggling to find the R code as well on the books website. Did you managed to get it and are you willing to share it with me?

BR
Peter

Re: Code for The R Book

Uwe Ligges-3

On 08.09.2011 10:56, Peter Raundal wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> I'm struggling to find the R code as well on the books website. Did you
> managed to get it and are you willing to share it with me?

So time to ask the author who probably does not necessarily read this
list. Or just buy another book that is helpful.

Best,
Uwe Ligges

> BR
> Peter

Re: Code for The R Book

John C Frain
Peter, Paul

Why not complain to Wiley.  Uwe is 100% correct.

John

On Saturday, 10 September 2011, Uwe Ligges <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> On 08.09.2011 10:56, Peter Raundal wrote:
>>
>> Hi Paul,
>>
>> I'm struggling to find the R code as well on the books website. Did you
>> managed to get it and are you willing to share it with me?
>
> So time to ask the author who probably does not necessarily read this
list. Or just buy another book that is helpful.

> Best,
> Uwe Ligges
>

>> BR
>> Peter