Could not find function even though I have all necessary packages

Could not find function even though I have all necessary packages

miguelito
Hi,
  I am getting the error,

Error: could not find function "createDataPartition"

when I do the code
dataFrame_data <- createDataPartition(data$colA, p=.7, list=FALSE)

even though I have run already

install.packages("caret", dependencies = c("Depends", "Imports",
"Suggests"))
and
install.packages("caret")

those worked and I then ran
library(caret)

does anyone know why I'm unable to use this function?

Re: Could not find function even though I have all necessary packages

Jeff Newmiller
Post plain text only please.

Are you sure it loaded?  Verify with sessionInfo()...

On March 28, 2016 9:21:56 AM PDT, Michael Artz <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hi,
>  I am getting the error,
>
>Error: could not find function "createDataPartition"
>
>when I do the code
>dataFrame_data <- createDataPartition(data$colA, p=.7, list=FALSE)
>
>even though I have run already
>
>install.packages("caret", dependencies = c("Depends", "Imports",
>"Suggests"))
>and
>install.packages("caret")
>
>those worked and I then ran
>library(caret)
>
>does anyone know why I'm unable to use this function?

Re: Could not find function even though I have all necessary packages

miguelito
Thanks.  SessionInfo() did not show it.

This is the error when I try library(caret)

> library(caret)
Error in loadNamespace(j <- i[[1L]], c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck
= vI[[j]]) :
  there is no package called ‘munsell’
Error: package ‘ggplot2’ could not be loaded

I tried installing.packages("ggplot2") and then I ran
library(ggplot2) and it gave me error

Error in loadNamespace(j <- i[[1L]], c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck
= vI[[j]]) :
  there is no package called ‘munsell’
Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘ggplot2’

On Mon, Mar 28, 2016 at 11:57 AM, Jeff Newmiller <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Post plain text only please.
>
> Are you sure it loaded? Verify with sessionInfo()...
>
> On March 28, 2016 9:21:56 AM PDT, Michael Artz <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>   I am getting the error,
>>
>> Error: could not find function "createDataPartition"
>>
>> when I do the code
>> dataFrame_data <- createDataPartition(data$colA, p=.7, list=FALSE)
>>
>> even though I have run already
>>
>> install.packages("caret", dependencies = c("Depends", "Imports",
>> "Suggests"))
>> and
>> install.packages("caret")
>>
>> those worked and I then ran
>> library(caret)
>>
>> does anyone know why I'm unable to use this function?
>>
>>  [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Re: Could not find function even though I have all necessary packages

miguelito
Thank you everyone I got it!

I needed to install munsell was all.  I was giving a typo when I tried to
install munsell