“Could not find function observeEvent” in shiny

“Could not find function observeEvent” in shiny

Ramkishore Swaminathan
Hi fellow R community users,

I am using the shiny server to build a webapp and am connect R with mongodb
to fetch results from database and display it dynamically.

The app executes fine on my localhost.

I have deployed the shiny server on a ubuntu 12.04 machine and when I run
giving the IP address along with the application path in the browser it
throws the error

"The application unexpectedly exited.Diagnostic information has been dumped
to the JavaScript error console."

I went and checked the mozilla browser console where it says

Listening on http://127.0.0.1:35004 Error in (structure(function (input,
output) : could not find function "observeEvent" " vload_controller:27

Even if I execute from the R console on the remote machine, it says

runApp()

Listening on http://127.0.0.1:6757

But a browser with the webapp does not open.

The observeEvent function works fine on my localhost but not on the remote
IP.

Can somebody please help me? :)

I have attached code and screenshot for the same.

Thanks,

Ramkishore

Screen Shot 2015-01-20 at 12.20.20 PM.png (179K) Download Attachment
Screen Shot 2015-01-21 at 9.49.46 AM.png (302K) Download Attachment

Re: “Could not find function observeEvent” in shiny

Pascal Oettli-2
Cross-posted here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/28039426/could-not-find-function-observeevent-in-shiny

Cross-posting is considered to be impolite.

Regards,
Pascal

On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 1:20 PM, Ramkishore Swaminathan
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi fellow R community users,
>
> I am using the shiny server to build a webapp and am connect R with mongodb
> to fetch results from database and display it dynamically.
>
> The app executes fine on my localhost.
>
> I have deployed the shiny server on a ubuntu 12.04 machine and when I run
> giving the IP address along with the application path in the browser it
> throws the error
>
> "The application unexpectedly exited.Diagnostic information has been dumped
> to the JavaScript error console."
>
> I went and checked the mozilla browser console where it says
>
> Listening on http://127.0.0.1:35004 Error in (structure(function (input,
> output) : could not find function "observeEvent" " vload_controller:27
>
> Even if I execute from the R console on the remote machine, it says
>
> runApp()
>
> Listening on http://127.0.0.1:6757
>
> But a browser with the webapp does not open.
>
> The observeEvent function works fine on my localhost but not on the remote
> IP.
>
> Can somebody please help me? :)
>
> I have attached code and screenshot for the same.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Ramkishore

Pascal Oettli
Project Scientist